WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR IN A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?
Finding the Best Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in an accident due to the negligent act of another person, you may need an attorney. Depending on if your situation is too complex or overwhelming, hire an attorney to represent your case and help you with your personal injury settlement advance. At Glofin, we understand how difficult it can be to find the right attorney, but with these tips, it will make the process much easier.
Gather Research and Documentation
Inquire with attorneys in your area and ask for documentation about their company, specific to your particular case. They’ll offer a “free consultation,” but you don’t want to go in blind without knowing who you are meeting. Take your time to find the right attorney for your personal injury settlement advance case, as there is not usually a rush with a personal injury claim. Most states allow six months to several years to file your claim.
Narrow Your Search
Following your extensive research, you should be able to narrow your search down to 3 to 5 attorneys. Your top 5 list should be filled with attorneys who appear to be experienced and who you feel confident about helping you with your personal injury settlement advance.
Be sure to call and make appointments to interview the prospective attorneys in order to know if you’re comfortable working with them. With such a task ahead of you, you have to be able to trust your attorney. If you’re injured and have difficulty leaving your home, many attorneys will make house calls for your convenience.
Here are a few questions to ask:
- How much experience do you have in personal injury structured settlement cases?
- Can I read about your other cases anywhere?
Which office staff member will be working on my case?
Are you board certified or nationally recognized?
- Do you carry malpractice insurance with your company?
- Have you been disciplined by your state bar association?
- Have you won any large verdicts or personal injury structured settlement cases?
- Can you estimate what my case is worth?
- Do you represent any insurance companies? (This is a critical question, as you need to know where their interests lie. Some lawyers do most of their work for the insurance companies. This fact may make you uncomfortable. For others, the appearance of bias would be too much in handling your personal injury structured settlement.)
Can I have a copy of your “fee agreement” to look over? (Fees vary with attorneys, so don’t assume that if you have seen one…you’ve seen them all.)
- Is there another attorney I should consider? (This answer might just give you the name of an attorney that you SHOULD be interviewing.)
Remember, you need to take the time to do your homework when choosing an attorney. A little work on your part will ensure you get the best lawyer for your particular case.
Any questions? Give us a call toll-free at (888) 667-1991 today.
The information contained in this article is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice as Glofin is not a law firm. You should always consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation.
Also keep in mind, the faster you get a lawyer, the faster you can get some financial security should you be injured and unable to work. If your injury is related to your lawsuit, you are eligible to get cash for your lawsuit ahead of time from a company such as Glofin LLC. We provide our clients with cash to help them live their life while going through the lawsuit process. There are no upfront fees to apply for cash for your settlement or lawsuit, and you only have to pay the interest on the loan if you win your case! If you lose, you can keep the entire loan and pay nothing to Glofin LLC. To learn more about our cash for lawsuit program a.k.a. a lawsuit loan, please visit our lawsuit loan page.
Get the cash you need NOW against your pending lawsuit
- Living Expenses
- Medical Expenses
- Paying Bills
- Replacement Vehicle
- Other Needs